1. Become a better cook. Well, when you have 3 little mouths to feed and they aren't too interested in trying new things, I stayed in my confort zone.
2. Craft more, work my CTMH business... I did that! I got my Cricut machine buzzing and made so many projects, started making cards to sell, and got myself involved with some opportunities in the community here in Napoli. I didn't see my sales reach the levels I wanted, I had fun being creative and it will all come together. The best part is I'm HAVING fun crafting again! I have a sweet craft room and hopefully I can get more people to join me down in my basement.
3. Run-Run-Run! Well, we did one half marathon and one marathon, the "Original" in Athens. It was amazing to say I ran a Marathon FROM Marathon to Athens. Will I do one again... Not sure. ;) I did log some miles not sure how many, I did find that I was happier when I was running.
4. Raise funds and awareness for the Semper Fi Fund. I feel we did that, we raided over $1500 from our runs and have raised over 50% of our total goal. Thanks to everyone who helped so far!!! If you would like to help us reach our goal, head over to www.stayclassy.org/fundraise/team?ftid=18357. Or better yet join our team! The more people we have sharing the Semper Fi Fund the better!
So there you have it... NOW for 2014...
1. Run-Run-Run! Not sure how many half marathons or if I will ever do a marathon again. One thing I know running makes me happy and as long as I can run, I will be logging some miles. We found out that it's 6474 miles from Bella Napoli to Beautiful Carlsbad, so we are going to try to "Run Home". I would like to log 1200 miles this next year. Better lace up those shoes and pound some serious pavement. It will be a whole family event, let's see how far we can go.
2. Craft more, work my business, and have fun! It's funny how it's my 'job' to craft and I'm so far behind on so many projects. I'm going to focus the first part of the year on getting caught up on our travels, Christmas album, and the younger 2 baby albums. After that I'm going to work on my hubby's college years and his Marine life up until now. Look for more blog updates about crafting and traveling, too.
3. Travel more! We did a great job last year of going to new places and yet the list keeps growing. I would like to visit more in and around Napoli, we seem to forget that we have cool places right here. AND it's cheaper when we don't have to pay for 5 plane tickets or hotel rooms.
4. Focus on learning... Italian for the hubby and I, keeping track of standards for the girls (Italian school are SO different than California), and increasing our little guys vocabulary and get him off his Speech IEP. I find that my understanding of Italian has improved and I'm starting to try to say more, then I get nervous and end up speaking in English. Really need to just put myself out there and laugh if I get it wrong.
5. Have Fun and Be Awesome! These are the kids goals! I love how they keep it real. When talking about what they want to do in 2014, their answers were simple. Study hard, learn lots, travel, have fun, and (my favorite from my little guy) PLAY ALL THE TIME!!! Yes, he did yell it and right in my face. Love him! I always say "Be Awesome" to the kids. Not in a bragging way, just be you and everyone will see how amazing you are. My parents had sayings growing up, "Keep your powder dry" and "remember who your mother is" I think those would go over the kids heads right now. So "Be Awesome", it is!
There you have it, 2014 is going to be the best year for Team Martin. Watch out world, we are coming and we are going to "Be Awesome"!
Happy New Year! Felice Anno Nuovo!