Thursday, December 8, 2011

Cricut Christmas Trees


When I first saw this tree by Mandy Leahy, I though it would make a great hostess gift for the holidays. Why not make 3 trees, 1 6" and 2 4"! This project became one for the whole family and man what was I thinking when I decided to do 2 sets? Actually it was a very fun project to work on and the girls really enjoyed helping. Nothing will compare to Peter doing the what I now call the 'Cricut Dance' as it was cutting out the flowers.
I used the following products from Close to My Heart:
Z 1686 Art Philosophy cartridge
X5907 Light Green Shade Pack (Sweet Leaf, Juniper, Ponderossa Pine)
X5907Dark Green Shade Pack (Garden Green, Olive, New England Ivy)
1272 Cranberry Cardstock
x5914 Buttercup Cardstock
Z2110 Buttercup Ink
D1482 Love Life Stamp Set

After rolling and pinning 850+ flowers I love how they turned out and the quality crafting time I spent with the kids. Hopefully the hostess who will be receiving these trees will love them too. Happy Crafting!

1 comment:

  1. Katy,these are absolutely beautiful. Good job. I know how it's like rolling and pinning all those flowers. But so worth it in the end.

    ReplyDelete