Wednesday, March 1, 2017

How is it March?!?

  Where has the year gone?  I really don't know what happened, it seems like I blinked and here we are turning the calendar for MARCH!!!  Since my oldest started school, February seems to kick my backside every year.  This year was no exception and seemed to be worse.  Not only did we have Valentine's Day and a birthday for my pre-teen, we took an amazing holiday to the Italian Alps.  It seems that just now are we recovering from all our excitement and its time to get down to business.
    In early January, I set aside time to really think about what I wanted to do in 2017.  I decided I wanted to really be happy and learn new things.  For the most part, I'm a very happy person and am knowledgeable to a certain extent.  What I wanted to do was really apply myself since I'm a stay-at-home mom for now.  After reading The Happiness Project by Gretchen Rubin, I set out to focus on one aspect of my life each month.  So far I have cleaned and de-cluttered my house (January) and expressed love (February).  Here we are in March and I'm focusing on work, for me that means 'working' my Close To My Heart business and really being crafty.  I'm setting resolutions/goals and will work daily on finding my happiness in crafting.  I'm also going to be working through the book Craft A Life You Love by Amy Tangerine.  
    As for the learning part of the year, I started out with figuring out our budget and where all our money goes in January and February was to be learning more about photography.  I think I have our budget figured out, my camera on the other hand... not so much!  I guess along with learning how to REALLY use my Cricut machine I will also be figuring out my fancy camera and hopefully be taking better photos and learning a bit about editing.  I hope to be sharing more of my creations with you on the blog, my Facebook page, and Instagram.  If you aren't following me on those, you can find me at Semper Crafty-CTMH Scrapbooking and Stamping on Facebook and Sempercrafty on Instagram.  

Happy Crafting friends!  Here is the CTMH special this month, I'm so excited to be working with these thin cuts, I'll post some photos soon.
  

No comments:

Post a Comment